Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Sunday 17 May 2009

AAAAARRRRGH

I hate emos.
By 'emos' I mean the plural form of 'emo', pronounced ee-mows, and not ee-moss, as its pluralisation-obscuring spelling suggests.

They're just so - uuurrrgh. What a false, deluded, annoying, selfish, self-righteous load of f**kwits. Blech. Nasty, nasty people.

And that bloody film 'Twilight' didn't help. A book, fine. Got nothing against that - books come in many forms, can silently entertain people of all religions, beliefs, interests and, to a lesser and more pathetic extent, fashions, and a book that doesn't appeal to you is easy to ignore and get over. But a film is much more intrusive. It enters the public psyche. It influences so much more people than books, because we, as a species, are lazy and will often prefer to sit on our arses and gawp at a screen than sit on our arses and read a book. People, mostly teenage girls, watched the film 'Twilight' and became overnight emos or goths (who I don't mind as much - most of them are lovely people). Many were emo before they saw the film, but a lot were not. A lot of young girls went to see that young actor in it who was in Harry Potter or something for about two seconds, because he's (sick bags at the ready) 'gorgeous'. They also became emos as a result. Damn you, 'Twilight'!

I mention this hatred because I happened to mention the emo culture on my Twitter page (shameless plug - http://twitter.com/WillWivell) and started to rant. I soon realised that because you have a limit of 140 letters per update, I needed to continue ranting on something that would provide me with limitless word usage without having to split the rant into short chunks. So now you know why, and also have a website recommendation! What more do you want, a bloody peanut?

Bugger off.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!