Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Monday 21 December 2009

Yes, I actually bought gifts for other people this year.

Snow, ladies and gentlemen, there has been snow.
Snow, I say. Snow, fellows. There's snow! It has been snowing!
It's only the 21st, but I'm excited at the potential for a white Crimbo. That Bing Crosby song is playing on a constant loop in my head, and I'm all giddy, like.
Furthermore, I haven't slipped yet, which is good for me. I'm a fairly clumsy sort of chap, and ice is never a good surface for a person like myself to walk upon. Funny as f**k, but not good. Not good at all!

Anyhow, I took this opportunity to cram in a bit of late Christmas shopping. I'll keep it vague, to insure against the possibility of my gift-receivers reading this: among other things, I got for my father a suitably ironic present; for my sister, I got a daft, annoying present (it suits her, you see); and for my aunt and uncle, I'm giving them a gift of my own creation. Yes, it's a drawing. Of sorts. I'm sure they'll love it - it just needs a frame. Fortunately, they're away during Christmas, so I have until New Year to get a frame. It's an A3 canvas, and finding a frame for it is really hard. But to obtain one I shall endeavour!

I wore my trademark long grey coat, a pinstripe suit, and my trusty old bowler hat. I looked very festive. I liked how the snow collected in the brim of my hat - it really did accumulate. There was an inch-thick layer of snow around my hat when I caught sight of myself in the window of Ruddock's. I did chortle, I don't mind telling you.


Ah, Christmas. Looking forward to it already.
So should you. Forward.... look!

At ease.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!