Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Monday 6 October 2008

I just thought of something really profound

I don't want to forget this, so I am immortalising this in the form of a blog post.
(By the way, I'm going to put it in quotation marks and italic because it'll look like a quote, and that is how most profound things are seen.)

"A human head, in its unassuming completeness, is not an image of particular fear in the human mind - an image to send a little shiver down one's lower back - and nor, despite its synonymity with death, is, in all honesty, the human skull. But a decomposing head, or a similar item where both elements of head and skull are visible, there is an image of terror, an image at which one may very well recoil in fear and disgust. For this, the halfway transition between two extremes, life and death, indelibly links the two, and makes us all too aware of our own mortality."
- William Wivell

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!