Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Monday 6 October 2008

A quick update on the last post

People I know will no doubt be reading this profound philosophy (read the last entry) and saying:
"Ah, I know what made Will think of that - Harvey Dent / Two-Face, the popular Batman villain and secondary villain / hero in the latest Batman film, 'The Dark Knight' (a film I forgot to review - sorry), with its comparisons with life and death, flesh and bone."

Clever thought, generic analysis close friend person, but wrong.

I actually thought it up earlier today whilst in the shower. I spent so long in the shower that it reminded me of a true story somebody told me (probably God-among-history-teachers, Mister Smith) about a man who died in the shower. People didn't notice his absence for quite some time; his front door was locked, his bills were automatically paid out through his bank account for a while, and the only thing that was suspicious was his extraordinarily high water bills. Weeks passed, and his money began to run out. People became suspicious, and the police came round to his house to investigate. They forced their way in and found his corpse in the shower, his flesh eroding away from the water from the shower head.

I absent-mindedly wondered if I was spending so long in the shower that my skin would erode away, and that made me arrive at the postulation of how grotesque a partially-decomposed head looks.

Cue the profound 'quote'.

Okay, not a particularly nice way of coming up with a really clever-sounding thing to say, but you can't win them all.

Pip pip.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!