Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Tuesday 21 April 2009

'The Flood' Update #2

I haven't done much lately to the animation, as I've just returned to school after the Easter holidays and the GCSEs are kicking off straight away. They've worked me like a dog (even more than a dog - I have yet to see a dog cutting out and gluing paragraphs onto a coursework sheet at midnight), but rest assured that I have really been wanting to crack on with my labour of love. This surprises me, as I tend to lose commitment very easily with even the most promising of projects. I suppose it may be because I have been creating a storyboard on Flash as well, and that means that when I'm animating, I don't need to think about where the story's going to go, because it's all figured out. I will have to remember that in the future, as my commitment problems have been a cause for serious concern when I think about my future career as an animator. If I plan my animations out meticulously, I stick to it to the end. What a fantastic breakthrough! Between pressing the keys to form this post, I am patting myself on the back.
I have now reached the part of the animation where the old man sees the weather forecast (that was piss easy to animate, see) and starts to get up to phone his friend. Quite frankly, it's not worth forming a screenprint of just that moment. When I've done a lot more to the film, I'll include a clip of this bit with the rest. If you're going to post screenprints, post loads of them - that's what I say!

Cheerio for now.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!