Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Friday 2 October 2009

Who let the vlogs out?

'Sup there, my dearest peeps.

I have literally spent the last ten minutes with my cursor hovering over the 'New Post' button, waiting for inspiration to hit me. That's how dedicated I am to providing you lot with something to read every now and again - I have taken to sitting motionless for literally minutes at a time. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

Anyhoo, I decided to write this blog post to inform you dear readers as to why I haven't posted a vlog up in a while. I haven't given up on the idea, if that's what you were thinking - the last episode, 'Photographs, Chipolatas and Housewives', got overall positive reviews - but I haven't really been busy, either. It's just that what with school and such, rare is the occasion when I can sit at home and do a vlog, safe in the knowledge that my dad isn't peering 'round the corner of the living room door with a stupid grin on his face. And nothing unnerves me more than people watching me as I work. I simply cannot function in that situation. Except for when I'm at school, obviously. That would be a disaster, if the presence of teachers made me incapable of working.

But I digress. The point is, I will be doing a vlog soon. I've had some splendid responses for Word of the Day, so that's staying as a running... thing... in the episodes. It's funny - I've had loads and loads of potential Words of the Day suggested to me, whereas for the second episode I had about three suggestions, all from people I knew personally. It just shows how quickly you can attract attention on something like YouTube.
The trouble is, I'm a terrible decision-maker. Faced with all these words, all of which are top-notch, I simply cease to be able to pick a favourite. There's also the small factor of my insufferable niceness. I feel really awful, having to reject lots of perfectly good suggestions for one fairly random choice for Word of the Day. It's probably going to be random because I find every nomination not without its own unique quirks, and I'm far too spineless to pick one that is superior to any other. I might choose a word that is easy to base a section of the vlog around - we shall see.

So farewell for now, blog-gogglers. I part with this quote from Barry Goldwater:
'If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.'

I'll let you mull over that one.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!