Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Revenge of the Silly Titles

 'Sup?
While I was just reading some blogs, it occurred to me that I haven't updated mine recently. I think this is due, in part, to the fact that I have been on Blogger a lot lately, but only in a blog-reading capacity. Any absence of Blogger.com in my memory banks is an indication of a lack of blogging activity, but that means of identifying negligence doesn't work if you've been on the site doing things other than contributing. Silly brain.

Anyway, I'm back, and ready to rock! Well, type, at any rate. Type some awesomeness! Yeah!

Right. I have done another vlog recently; you might want to have a gander at that at some point.
Also, my black book of comic strips is nearing completion. By this, I mean that the unpublishable scrawlings in the back of the book are about to collide with the comic strips in the front of the book.
I may redraw the final collection of comic strips for the sake of neatness and continuity, but they will remain fundamentally the same as they are now, just more presentable for a published book. John Mahon and I have been pondering over possible names for the book, as the comics do not yet have a collective name. We were thinking about going down the Monty Python route of giving it a completely random and unrelated name, just for the sake of it.
I did a doodle a while back of a man with a completely deadpan expression, and a pipe. I then proceeded to draw his legs, at which point I decided to be silly and had him dancing wildly. The image of a man, seemingly stationary and calm from the waist up but dancing furiously from the waist down, tickled me immensely, so I gave the doodle its own title. That title might become the title of this book: 'The Nonchalant Prancings of Horatio McNargle'.
The only thing is, I wonder if it's a bit... too random. A bit too left-field for a first-time publication. I may just play it safe and call it something more relevant. It'll still be humorous. Just relevant at the same time. It can be two things! Why can't it be two things?

And on that slightly whining and exasperated note, I'll stop typing, post this, and get on with whatever it is that I do.

Au revoir for jetzt.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!