Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Thursday 27 March 2008

Halloo again citizens of t'internet

Hello.
I'm back, after around two weeks of forgetting to post anything on this blog.
Here is a picture I am currently working on when I can be bothered:

It's based on that steampunk style that I discovered not too long ago and love deeply, where modern-day objects, or futuristic gadgets, are given the aesthetics (and sometimes the actual technology) to make it look as if it was created during the Victorian era, when technology was limited to gears and sprockets and pistons and steam power. The result is a delightfully retro-futuristic style that appeals to me greatly.
However, that apparently does not mean that I devote every second of my time to working on this picture. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. It has been days since I last worked on it, and I can't find the motivation to continue.
Don't ask. My mind is a wierd place that even I don't understand.
Or is that what my mind wants me to think? Aha! 'Tis all a conspiracy. After all, my mind literally makes me think. What's to stop it from making me think what it wants? Maybe my mind has all sorts of hidden agendas and plots for the future, but I can't figure it out because I need my mind to figure it out and my mind will want to cover it up, whatever 'it' is...

In hindsight, that is a rather silly notion.
Fun, though. And it really pads out my entry.
Wait, that sounded really wrong, and I thusly apologise. But what a fantastic euphemism!

And on that bombshell, it's time to say goodbye.
But I won't.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!