Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Hello again

I feel like doing another poem.
So here goes.

My school routine is stupid. It's silly, daft and gay.
To catch my bus I have to wake at half five every day.
I do not mean the evening, as that would be just fine.
I mean the morning 'cos my bus comes at six thirty-nine.
I get my ticket every day for three pounds fifty pence;
You don't need to be good at maths to see that makes no sense.
And if all that is not enough to make me rather surly,
We're dumped at school (now this ain't cool) forty minutes early!
My sister's at another school; by eight thirty, alas,
She's catches her school bus. By then, I'm sitting down in class!
About two hours, each way, each day, I wish it was no more
Especially as I get home at roughly half past four!
Unfairly treated just because I live so far from town -
I somehow doubt that I'll get any help from Gordon Brown...

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!