Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Thursday 12 June 2008

Another ramble

I know that I posted a ramble yestrday, but I enjoy doing them and feedback tells me that you enjoy reading them. So here I am, posting another rambling entry for you to lap up like the domesticated animals you are.

Today I will be talking about the weather.
As I live in England I have had a lot of experience with the weather. That is, rain doesn't bother me and nor does the sun. Much. I don't mean that I have had a lot of experience with the weather in a professional context:
"Yes, Mister Wivell, your CV seems up to scratch, and I hear that you have a lot of experience with the weather. Well, I'm really rather impressed, Mister Wivell, you start your job as Lord of Weather next Tuesday."

Recently, the weather has been rather unusual where I live, in that one day it rained and another day it didn't (seriously!). What I mean by this is that it was really wet, but then really dry, and then really wet again. I don't mean unusual in the sense that it rained doner kebabs and the sun was a big cinnamon apple pie radiating spicy fruitiness over the world. Not at all. Don't make that mistake, people! You may very well make the earth implode with your misinterpretings, so stop it.

Right, where was I? Ah, yes, cinnamon apple pies. I love cinnamon apple. I don't think that there is a nicer flavour combination. Well, maybe there is, but I can't bring it to mind. Okay, cinnamon apple is the nicest flavour combination that I can remember at this precise moment. And that's just dandy. Nobody says dandy nowadays, do they? I think it's because they named a comic 'The Dandy' in 1937 (oh yes, I know my trivia) and it became more widely known as a comic than as a synonym to the word 'good'. Poor 'dandy'. Let's form a foundation to support forgotten synonyms: the NSPFS - the National Society for the Prevention of the Fogetting of Synonyms. Or the Protectors Of Often-Forgotten Synonyms (POOFS).

Auf Wiedersehen.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!