Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Wednesday 25 June 2008

Th'Incredible 'Ulk Review

I have been neglecting my duty as a blogger recently, thereby forcibly causing you lot to neglect your duties of blog-goggling.
Well we can't have that now, can we?

The answer is no.

You know what I saw the other day? Well, I'll tell you.
I saw The Incredible Hulk. 'Can you summarise the film in four or less words?' I hear you ask. No, I can not. And furthermore, I shan't try.

All that needs to be said is that the film was very good. Even my godfather, who represents every male moviegoer with slightly different tastes to me, liked it, saying that 'you never felt bored, although the fight scenes were a little bit over the top.'

My godfather is wrong.
The fight scenes were fast-paced and city-shattering. And this is what you want when you go and see a Hulk film. Honestly, how could he not expect high levels of violence when he is going to see a film about a man who turns into a green, nine-foot berserker when he gets too excited who has to save New York from an even bigger monster? A few bouts of fisticuffs were somewhat inevitable, does one not think?

And it wasn't all violence. The love story between Bruce Banner (Hulk) and Betty Ross (not Hulk) was good, and the fact that Bruce becomes somewhat volatile when his adrenaline goes too high meant that love scenes were a no-no, providing not only a bit of humour but keeping it a 12A, saving the younger viewers from having to cover their eves whilst the lead characters snuggle.

The characters were believable, too. Emil Blonsky, the chap that becomes the bigger monster (the Abomination), was a scarily obsessive character whose arrogance you loved to hate. General Ross was a good character, but bad. As in he was a baddie, but he was good as a film character. Ahem.

Right. You get the idea. Good film. Sorted.

I'm not going to conform to some unwritten movie review rule that it needs a conclusion because I'm my own man!

Toodle-pip

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!