Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Thursday 13 August 2009

He may look like Brian Blessed crossed with a Proclaimer, but he's smart.

Hyello there, blog-gogglers.
Is 'blog-goggler' like my catchphrase now? I'm using it quite a lot.
Today being Thursday (well, for another ten minutes), I was watching the wonderful 'Mock the Week' earlier. What a funny, funny television show that television show is. Funny, that is to say.

Of course, MTW would only be another moderately funny attempt at a panel show without frightening Frankie Boyle and the delightful Dara O'Briain. Their instinctive wit and phenomenal improvisational abilities allowed MTW to develop into one of the funniest programmes- if not the funniest programme - on telly at the moment.

No, wait. I just remembered 'You Have Been Watching'. That's absolutely brilliant, faultless comedy, and it's certainly a worthy competitor against 'Mock the Week' for the title of funniest thing on the box since the most recent series of 'TV Burp' finished.
Anyway, you know what I mean. 'Mock the Week' = bloody funny stuff. Laughter echoes throughout my house when it's on. So yeah.

I have made an interesting observation whilst watching this current series of MTW - at the end of every episode, there is a round called 'Scenes We'd Like to See', and Frankie Boyle always manages to get the last joke in before the round, and the show, ends. I'm not sure how he does this - I suppose it's all down to clever timing - but it means that his last joke is the one freshest in the viewers' minds after the show has finished, which is very clever. People, when asked about what happened on 'Mock the Week', are more likely to immediately mention the comedic antics of Mr Boyle. Tonight's episode certified my theory that this is deliberate - for the last three episodes at least, he has managed to fit in his best joke of that episode at the end. Good on him.

Last week, his ending joke, based on 'things you don't want to hear from your flatmate' was:
"Well, there's one way to find out who ate my 'yoghurt'. An AIDS test."

This week, his ending joke, based on 'things you wouldn't hear on a TV talent show' was:
"That was a beautiful song... until you fucking sang it."

No wonder he's become so popular, so quickly!

I'm still not sure about his beard, though.

Tally-ho.

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!