Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Monday 31 August 2009

Would you like fries with that?

Hello there!
Having woken up early today (that is, before midday), I have decided to add to my blog.
The thing is, though, I haven't really planned anything for this blog entry. No notes, no topics, nothing. But then again, that's never stopped me from blogging.
Well, once it did.
Anyway, the improvisational nature of this here post means that it falls, reluctantly, under the category of 'ramble'. I don't really want to ramble today, as they tend to go off in strange directions and leave a trail of bewilderment in their wake. What I really want to do is think of something intresting, and write about it.
But here's the thing. It's now 11.48, and I still haven't thought of anything.
...
Aha! The time is now 12:06 in the afternoon, and after two hours of pondering, I have a topic!
In the news, there have been reports about South Korean scientists 'claim[ing] to be the first in the world to have successfully cloned a pet dog for commercial purposes.'
Now, I would never be patronising towards my readers. You're a clever bunch; after all, you read my blog. I therefore assume you understand the humorous side to this story. A humorous side that I expect many people would have picked up on.
Just in case you don't get it, imagine if France claimed to have cloned 'pet' frogs with extra-long legs.
Pets? Don't make me laugh.

Anyway, I'm going to have to cut this blog entry short, 'cos I'm going into town! If anything interesting happens, I'll report back with the info.

Over and out.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Haha, I heard about those "pet" dogs as well. Very amusing.

Loving the new look to your blog, by the way, Mister Wivell.

Hayley said...

I just saw the vlog you made,
was really good, especially the word of the day :P

Will Wivell said...

Ah! Some feedback at last! Thank you very much - glad you like the blog's new look, Emma!

And as for my vlogs, Miss Pardoe, I intend to do some more very soon. Since school returned to my daily schedule, I find I have very little 'me' time, where I can sit and film a vlog without interference from other family members. But I have some more ideas, and will make some more soon (fingers crossed).

Over and out

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!