Quote of the 'Week'

"Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all."
Voltaire
Discovering that someone has commented on one of my blogs is such a joyous feeling. Hint, bloody hint!

Friday 2 April 2010

A Posthumous Apology to Baird and Farnsworth on Behalf of this Televisual Atrocity

This is depressing.
I don't expect that the makers of Deal or No Deal are ever going to apologise for what they have done. As a result, I have decided to take on the responsibility of apologising to the late John Logie Baird and the late Philo T. Farnsworth, inventors of the television as we know it.
It has nothing to do with me, but somebody's got to do it, for all our sakes. Nobody in Britain is getting into Heaven unless we are forgiven for Deal or No Deal: Easter Madness.

To Mister John Logie Baird [deceased] and Mister Philo Taylor Farnsworth [deceased],
I am so sorry. On behalf of Noel Edmonds, Deal or No Deal, Channel 4, modern television and the viewers of Great Britain, I apologise solemnly and resolutely for the frankly baffling spectacle of Noel Edmonds and a handful of unfortunate people, dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, negotiating, through sheer luck, life-changing amounts of money. The revolutionary work you did was worth more than this.

The very least I can ask is that you pull some strings with the Big Man up there (if he exists, but that's besides the point) and ensure that Noel Edmonds, and Noel Edmonds only, gets judged for this in the afterlife.

Again, I am so very very sorry.

Yours sincerely,
William Wivell, Loyal Television Watcher

No comments:

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!